Author Topic: A Cillit Bang warning  (Read 2951 times)

October 10, 2007, 04:03:31 PM
Read 2951 times

GlauG

• Information
  • Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • View Profile
To those in the UK and anywhere else this stuff is sold, I managed to just ruin large amounts of an original Core-Works RESIN Sazabi conversion by using the ORANGE Cillit Bang degreaser to try and remove the mould release.  I left it in for about 3 hours, and when I removed it from the tub to check on it, several parts had warped as if heated, all of it's really weird and pretty much impossible for me to fix.  Anywhere where the resin was thinner than 1 or 2 mm seems to have become extremely flexible, too.

Similar things happen to anyone else?  Never heard of it happening to resin...

October 10, 2007, 11:11:27 PM
Reply #1

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Damn, I really feel sorry for you... I didn't know it could make that kind of damages. Maybe the resin was especially soft or something?
 Now I'll make sure to test that kind of product before trying to clean the whole thing...

October 11, 2007, 12:32:18 AM
Reply #2

GlauG

• Information
  • Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • View Profile
Damn, I really feel sorry for you... I didn't know it could make that kind of damages. Maybe the resin was especially soft or something?
 Now I'll make sure to test that kind of product before trying to clean the whole thing...

The resin did seem kinda soft and REALLY thin in some places on the legs where it happened, but I still didn't expect it.  I've been using a slightly different variety of the same stuff to clean resin kits for about a year now, with no problems.  In the cold light of morning I'm just going to assume it';s something to do with the new variety of the cleaner I used. 

Some quick pics;

That used to be pure white, too.