Author Topic: 1/6 Heat-Blade - Tsukasa Bullet **Warning - this thread contains nudity**  (Read 7764 times)

November 18, 2007, 09:26:53 PM
Read 7764 times

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
**Warning - this thread contains nudity, please be advised**

I did censor some of the photos, but please remember, you have been warned.
So please don't click on the links to the photos unless you really want to the images.

I built this figure all the way back in spring/early summer time, but because of various family issues and work, I am finally able to find time to post the build photos for this figure. It has been a while since I had built a resin figure kit, so after searching through the internet for the various figure kits available, I settled on the Heat Blade figure by Tsukasa Bullet. I enjoyed building this it, and in the middle of building the model, I decide to make her anatomically correct, so to speak, hense the warning about nudity in the subject line.

Completed Heat Blade Figure
Photo-31 Photo-32  Photo-33  Photo-34

Figure Build Article
After getting the figure kit from Hobby Fan by mail, I did not receive a box for the figure kit itself, I got a one sheet diagram for the kit, a color photo, the clear parts and the resin parts. Over all, the kit was very well casted, the only complaint I have is the hands, the fingers did not come out very clean on my kit, so there was a lot of sanding and filing to make the fingers half way decent.

Photo-1
Photo-2
Photo-3

After I unpacked all of the parts, I cut the resin keys off of the parts, and sanded off all of the seams and resin keys. Since the resin keys are very small, this was not to hard of a job, I used multiput putty to fill in the seams and areas that needed it.

Photo-4
Photo-5
Photo-6
Photo-7
Photo-8
Photo-9

Once I finished sanding the parts, I had the screws and tubes from Fulcy for another kit that I was going to build. I decided to drill out the existing resin screws and substitue them with Fulcy's parts. 

Photo-10
Photo-11

When I finished test fitting and cleaning all of the parts with dish washing detergent and water, I soaked them over night, and cleaned them off with a sponge under water. I did not use super clean for the resin kit, after the parts are let to air dry, I coated the parts with white automotive primer from the auto parts store.

Photo-12
Photo-13

I settled on the black paint scheme for the figure, and blue colored hair, I decided not too use a different color. I decided to paint the metal blades on the boots, the metal connectors and the other metal parts silver. But masking the model was a lot of work, I used 1/4” masking tape to cover the different parts  of the model. Since the paint go through some of the tape, I had to touch up the model several times, I dropped my airbrush several times, so the needle is not very straight any more. I am going to buy a air compressor, I sent way to much money on can propellant.

Photo-14
Photo-15
Photo-16
Photo-17
Photo-18
Photo-19
Photo-20

After the parts are properly painted, I coated the parts with Future Floor Sealant, I waited for about 3-4 days between paint jobs to let the paint and Future cure. Once the paint job is all done, I ink washed the model, even though I used flat black for the clothing, it turned dark grey after I finished coating the model with Future, so I washed the joints and crevices with black ink, I used diluted burnt sienna ink with water for the skin.

Photo-21
Photo-22
Photo-23
Photo-24
Photo-25
Photo-26

Once this is all done, I dry brushed the flesh and hair, all I did was add a little red and white to the base flesh color, and some white to the blue colored hair. When all of the parts are done, I coated the parts with Future and Tamiya Flat mixed together, after all of the parts are dried, I assembled the figure with super glue.

Photo-27
Photo-28
Photo-29

Photo-30

I found the base at Michaels, I painted the base with clear polyurethane, and sanded the base down after the polyurethane had a chance to set.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 06:22:41 PM by clee-cm »
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

November 18, 2007, 10:32:18 PM
Reply #1

CaptainPlastic

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 12:19:43 AM by CaptainPlastic »

November 19, 2007, 02:03:00 AM
Reply #2

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
1. Did you pin the parts of the figure together or is it just glued?

I just used super glue, this model did not need pins, I did drill out the hols in the arms and legs, but the pins were not needed.

2. What brand of inks did you use for the wash and what paints for the drybrush?

I used Winsor & Newton color inks, you can use any brand of color inks that you like; I use Tamiya Acrylic Paints to paint the figure.

3. The next time you build one of these would you consider a build-off? I have a resin anime girl kit in my collection and haven't had the guts to build it yet.

I would consider a build off the next time I build another figure, but right now I have to focus on my TR-1 Hazel. When I am far enough along on that project, I will consider building another figure.

November 19, 2007, 01:51:30 PM
Reply #3

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
any non-censored pics?  i think it's enough that you warned people of the nudity, but the 'doctored' images makes it difficult to give you honest feedback on the entire figure...

November 19, 2007, 02:13:29 PM
Reply #4

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
any non-censored pics?  i think it's enough that you warned people of the nudity, but the 'doctored' images makes it difficult to give you honest feedback on the entire figure...
Ditto... it's hard to focus on it as a whole with the naughty bits removed.  ;-) I wanna see the whole thing!

November 19, 2007, 02:55:47 PM
Reply #5

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
OK, Ok... :meh:

I will put some different photos up, I wanted to see how everyone responds first. I will make some changes to the thread later tonight...

I have updated the links for the photos, go ahead and check out the photos at the top, and Photo 30 at the bottom.

Enjoy  :razz:  :lol: :-)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 06:20:11 PM by clee-cm »

November 19, 2007, 10:31:49 PM
Reply #6

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
I guess I could have added more detail, I am not going split hairs...

I did think about doing what you mention, making her more like a Mascot Model, but I decided to keep her like a Anime model. if you ever look around the 18 and over stuff on HobbyFan.com you will know what I mean.

November 29, 2007, 10:32:55 AM
Reply #7

Gr8one

• Information
  • I just might have something to show you?
    • View Profile
 :twitch: I like what you did with the sink and hair really nice work. Now does she have a boyfriend? :evil: :lol:
The Great ONES!!! SAUL ALVAREZ and Dan Cope

November 29, 2007, 11:53:40 PM
Reply #8

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
Hehehehe....

She's single, no B/F :razz: :P ;)

Be careful, any woman who is that athletic can hurt you bad.   ^_^

Thanks for the compliment.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 11:58:40 PM by clee-cm »

December 01, 2007, 07:15:21 AM
Reply #9

FilmMkr

• Information
    • View Profile
Nice work, Clee.  I especially like the brilliant idea of using Fulcy's screws ands tubes.  I think I'll steal that idea when I build my (original!  :razz: ) Cerberus Project version.  I noticed that you didn't go with the patent leather suit and boots.  Any particular reason? 

Can you post a closeup of her face?  The Cerberus paintup that I've seen has her wide-eyed like the Tsukasa Bullet painting.  I'd be interested in seeing how you painted her eyes.

I might have smoothed out the halo with some Aves so that the scoring in the resin wasn't so obvious (that's a recast for 'ya!), but overall you created a nice rendition of one of my favorite artist's work!

The next time you build one of these would you consider a build-off? I have a resin anime girl kit in my collection and haven't had the guts to build it yet.

Ahem.  I'll have a buildoff with you. :-)   I'd love to see how the giant robot guys interpret an anime babe!   :yeah:

December 01, 2007, 08:59:21 PM
Reply #10

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
- Thanks, I am glad you like the work. Normally I am not a fan of recasts, but this model for the most part was a very clean recast, except for the hands, they were a mess.

Nice work, Clee.  I especially like the brilliant idea of using Fulcy's screws ands tubes.  I think I'll steal that idea when I build my (original!  Razz ) Cerberus Project version.  I noticed that you didn't go with the patent leather suit and boots.  Any particular reason?

- There is no particular reason, I had already spent quite a bit of time working on her.  The painting process was already costing me a lot of money, so I had to cut some of the cost. I am glad you like the screws and tubes idea, it turned out great.

Can you post a closeup of her face?  The Cerberus paintup that I've seen has her wide-eyed like the Tsukasa Bullet painting.  I'd be interested in seeing how you painted her eyes.

- The eyes are very easy to do, you will need a fine tip brush, work from the outside inward, just make sure that you give the colors adequate time to dry between coats. I started by painting the entire eye white, added light pink/flesh color to the corners of they, then I painted a black dot where the eye pupils will be. after the paint has had adequate, I added the other two colors for the eyes, once this is done, I coated the eye with clear gloss lacquer (I had to buy a bottle of testors clear gloss lacquer). The lacquer distorted the paint, you can see some parts of the eye are a little cloudy as well.

I might have smoothed out the halo with some Aves so that the scoring in the resin wasn't so obvious (that's a recast for 'ya!), but overall you created a nice rendition of one of my favorite artist's work!

- The helmet was one of the things that I would like to have done a better job, but I had a lot of none model related issues snow balled on me. If I had more time, I would have used some brass wire to make the metal halos, the clear parts are very brittle though, I am lucky I did not break the pieces anymore that what was already done during the gluing process.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:00:46 PM by clee-cm »

December 02, 2007, 09:21:16 AM
Reply #11

chaos_theory

• Is Boldy Going Nowhere
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • I think he did a little too much LDS in the 60's
    • View Profile
- The eyes are very easy to do, you will need a fine tip brush, work from the outside inward, just make sure that you give the colors adequate time to dry between coats. I started by painting the entire eye white, added light pink/flesh color to the corners of they, then I painted a black dot where the eye pupils will be. after the paint has had adequate, I added the other two colors for the eyes, once this is done, I coated the eye with clear gloss lacquer (I had to buy a bottle of testors clear gloss lacquer). The lacquer distorted the paint, you can see some parts of the eye are a little cloudy as well.

I've never had any luck with the gloss lacquer.  I would reccomend Games Workshop's Citidel Colour: Varnish. Its much friendlier to acryilics and 2 or 3 coats is just as effective. Goes on milky dries clear and very glossy, clean with alcohol and be sure that all areas have had 4 hours or more to dry before applying. 

:lol: Just my two cents and nice job clee. The skin tone is gorgeous and I prefer the matte (rubber) look of the suit better than a glossy patent leather
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 09:23:20 AM by chaos_theory »
"Don't tell me. You're from outer space."
"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."