Author Topic: GM Custom Nouvel  (Read 5516 times)

February 26, 2008, 02:05:33 PM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
About time! Looks great. Your painting is definitely improving. The dark body grey looks odd against the tan/orange/red to me. Maybe a warmer gray would had worked better. Aside from that the scratch parts look great and it's a nice piece.

February 26, 2008, 02:10:15 PM
Reply #2

Captain Obvious

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
It's great, one of the coolest GM's I've seen.  The red and the white are a little jarring in the paint scheme, but I really like the tan-on-gray.  The design of the mods is the best part, very cool.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
-Kurt Vonnegut

February 26, 2008, 06:38:16 PM
Reply #3

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
Well, obvously the mods are fantastic! The quality of the paint job and decals is much better than on your Zeku.

I'm also undecided about the colors... I like the dark gray, orange and white. It's the tan-gray color I don't like. I guess feel the opposite of Fichtenfoo  ;). I like the dark gray and would prefer a cooler light gray. Then again, I have a GM Custom that I'll build next after my AoZ project, and I plan to make it two-tone gray (with a dark gray just like the one you used and a cool light gray), red, and white so I guess in my head that's just the way I've been imagining a GM Custom...

Excellent work overall. :D Needs brighter photography to show off your work!
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

February 26, 2008, 07:38:06 PM
Reply #4

AnatoleFarmond

• Fairly Useless
  • Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
The colors look great together, I think the tan is so neutral you could almost call it gray, and the dark blue gives it that titans feel. The only part I feel is a little off is the red on the shoulder mounts, other than that the color scheme is good, imho. As for you mods, brilliant! Way to take a semi-par kit and make it look beastly! The old GM Nouvel design is chunky and fat, but I like slim streamline mobile suits, and find this piece sure does the job. Great work!
"No matter how good you get, there will always be someone better than yourself." ~ Char Aznable

February 26, 2008, 07:48:14 PM
Reply #5

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
The mods/add-ons are fantastic Eze! The paint quality looks great, and much improved. I am slightly on the fence about the colors, but they dont bother me too much.

February 26, 2008, 08:25:07 PM
Reply #6

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
  • Information
    • View Profile
Oh yea.... ohhh ho yea.

Looks awesome. I think the inclusion of the darker orange on the shoulders throws it off a bit for me, but thats just me. Great work.

PS- Any chance of recasts on those feet? I could really use them on my Quel for the AoZ comp!

February 26, 2008, 09:25:11 PM
Reply #7

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
I like the way the model turned out, it looks great. The paint job fits the overall look and feel of the model, all of the add-on to the MS really make it look like a field modified Gundam.

Great Job!!!  8) :-)
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

February 27, 2008, 05:37:19 AM
Reply #8

lordharrier

• Information
  • Ex-lurker
    • View Profile
I think the mods are inspired and well done and make the GM look menacing.  Reading the other posts, it seems the colors are getting enough mixed feedback.  I really like how the knees and the chest came out.  You said in the WIP that the fins in the rear of the shoulder pack are straight.. its a shame that they look a little off in the photos.

I can appreciate the hard work you put into it and hope personally to be able to attain the level of creativity and talent you exhibit in your GM Nouvel.

LordHarrier
LordHarrier

February 27, 2008, 06:30:10 AM
Reply #9

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the input guys!
I wasn't sure on the dark gray at first too. But then it grew on me.
This is the color scheme I was trying to reproduce:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6757/0341cf0.jpg
What I came up with looks less "test type" that what I was planning but I'm happy with it. The painting is faaaar from flawless. I still have way room for improvement.
I'm mostly happy to have been able to finish it without any major screw-up. Can't say I actually really enjoyed the painting process. It's also linked to the lack of a proper work-place.

DrDazzle: Nope, they are painted and will stay that way  :D Plus you can get much better looking ones from Ako. Mine are a tad too wide. The fugly original were a bitch to modify, damn you Bandai.

February 27, 2008, 06:42:02 AM
Reply #10

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Wow!  Definitely MOTM material (too bad you're a moderator  :razz:).

I like EVERYTHING about this piece.  You've heard enough praises from me in the WIP so I won't comment on the awesomeness of the modifications.  I really like the color as well.  The tan/red pieces give a more add-on part look to the overall design.  I like the dark bluish grey too!

February 27, 2008, 06:51:22 AM
Reply #11

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
The tan/red pieces give a more add-on part look to the overall design.
Cool, that was exactly the intended effect :-)
Glad you like it!

February 28, 2008, 07:27:46 AM
Reply #12

AkoHobby

• Information
    • View Profile
    • AkoHobby
everything is great..the color is ok for me. i believe you should mod the head as well and make is a complete GMIII nouvel

February 28, 2008, 10:28:13 AM
Reply #13

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
Great work there bro! I really love the knee mods! and nice choice of color scheme! ^_^

February 28, 2008, 06:42:12 PM
Reply #14

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
  • Information
    • View Profile

DrDazzle: Nope, they are painted and will stay that way  :D Plus you can get much better looking ones from Ako. Mine are a tad too wide. The fugly original were a bitch to modify, damn you Bandai.

Do you mean the Ka replacement lower feet? Or does he sell more Hazel/AoZ style ones now too?

February 28, 2008, 08:15:49 PM
Reply #15

ZLuca

• I can't remember..
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kallamity.com
Finished model confirms what i thought when I saw last uncompleted model update.
Absolutely the best GM I've ever seen.
GREAT WORK! :number1
z

February 29, 2008, 04:21:50 AM
Reply #16

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Do you mean the Ka replacement lower feet? Or does he sell more Hazel/AoZ style ones now too?
Yeah I meant the old Ka ones. I supose they could work for a AOZ themed kit. Much better fit than the Quel's anyway :yucky: