Author Topic: need help finding Z.O.E. models  (Read 6435 times)

May 22, 2006, 12:24:38 PM
Read 6435 times

mr_speedball

• Information
    • View Profile
I have searched far and wide for models belonging to the anime series Z.O.E. (Zone of the Enders) and the only things I can find are scratch built models that nobody is willing to sell for any cost! and the only models I have seen are Jehuty and Anubis,. from what I understand Bandi did make a limited edition Jehuty model that is now discontinued and nowhere to be found any information that could be supplied regarding these models would be greatly appreciated! :shock:

May 22, 2006, 12:31:42 PM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Good luck... there's been many a searcher for this product with not much luck. I'd love an orbital frame myself (LOVE ONE) but it's soooo unlikely I'll get one without scratching it myself. :(

May 22, 2006, 02:29:24 PM
Reply #2

mr_speedball

• Information
    • View Profile
I myself would also LOVE an orbital frame I have watched the anime's and played the games and I would LOVE IDOLO!! I was even thinking of paying someone to scratch build me IDOLO or Anubis...do you think I could?

May 22, 2006, 02:58:31 PM
Reply #3

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Quote from: "mr_speedball"
I myself would also LOVE an orbital frame I have watched the anime's and played the games and I would LOVE IDOLO!! I was even thinking of paying someone to scratch build me IDOLO or Anubis...do you think I could?

You can solve any problem if you throw enough money at it. It won't be cheap. :wink:

May 22, 2006, 03:01:42 PM
Reply #4

mr_speedball

• Information
    • View Profile
how much do you tink? ballpark?

May 22, 2006, 03:19:23 PM
Reply #5

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
It depends on the size and time. Lets say one were to scratch-build an OF about the size of an MG Gundam... Roughly 8-9 inches tall and in fixed-pose since a posable kit is more difficult. If it's a one-off and not meant for resin-casting then the cost for one would be more since no profit would be made on the multiple castings. Even with castings, the cost would be high due to materials costs, just divided between casts.

So one needs to figure out how many hours the kit would take to sculpt. This depends on the modeler. I'm guessing quite a while though. 80-120 hours at least. So lets pay our modeler a rate of $7/hour. This means that for labor alone you'd be paying $560-$840 at least. Factor in cost of materials and that could add another $100-200 in putties, tools, plastic, glue, resin and rubber for dup parts etc...

If it's a resin kit where multiples will be made then you need to pay for the mold rubber to make the molds. These are only good for so many casts and mold rubber isn't cheap. You'd also need to buy the resin for each kit and buy packaging.

So basically... it's not cheap and my estimates are on the low end. :wink:

May 22, 2006, 03:44:08 PM
Reply #6

mr_speedball

• Information
    • View Profile
damn....this is the sucky part of liking a basically unknown anime..:(

I also have another question for you FF. there was about a year ago a model kit where the mech was underwater (not realated to gundam) it had no feet I saw it on CoM a while back its colors were blue and dark blue

oh and if anyone finda any info on the Z.O.E. orbital frames I WOULD LOVE to have it thanks

May 23, 2006, 01:15:33 AM
Reply #7

Marc

• Information
  • FFF Staff
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932154
This is the kit you're thinking of.
As for OF, I saw some time ago a japanese site with some crazy in-progress scratchbuilt OF but I can't seem to find it right now. I'll do some digging.

May 23, 2006, 03:20:26 AM
Reply #8

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
  • FFF Staff
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=8463&hl=

Best bet is probably going to be Yahoo Japan auctions, to get any of these guys...

May 23, 2006, 03:31:02 AM
Reply #9

Doctor Seleski

• Do they make that in pink?
  • Information
  • FFF Staff
  • Char!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "mr_speedball"
I also have another question for you FF. there was about a year ago a model kit where the mech was underwater (not realated to gundam) it had no feet I saw it on CoM a while back its colors were blue and dark blue

3 clicks...
http://www.fichtenfoo.com/02GiantRobots/02a-RoundBuckler.html#

As far as Z.O.E. kits are concerned, T.J., nothing has changed since you posted this last time at CoM, HF, and any other mecha related board.  Have you tried scratchbuilding one?  Or is that out of the realm of possibility for you?

May 23, 2006, 11:16:12 AM
Reply #10

mr_speedball

• Information
    • View Profile
yes that is the kit I was looking for.

thanks Fulcy that is of great help

and at this time scratchbuilding would be out of the question lol :D

May 23, 2006, 11:33:34 AM
Reply #11

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
I have been tempted to just do my own OF garage kit as they're not all that complicated design-wise. I just have way too many other projects I want to do first. An Idolo would rock.

I'd love a Jehuty recast in clear resin so that it can have the panel lines masked and lit from within.

May 23, 2006, 03:55:24 PM
Reply #12

mr_speedball

• Information
    • View Profile
I am gonna have to get alot more practice befpre I start scratch building...and alot more confidence in my modeling