Author Topic: Test type:Experimental Flyer (image heavy)  (Read 4396 times)

March 04, 2008, 07:21:17 AM
Read 4396 times

Kinzaa

• Information
    • View Profile
hi guys..its been awhile since i posted some progress work here, i was just hesitant to post mine because i was so amaze to all the builds done here in the forums and in the process learned alot of new things as well...and it was just me afraid i think :embarrased:.thanks to some of my group encouragements and to the positive response from BK's Ma.K Boards ( thanks to BK and all the guys there ;))

the build was inspired fully by my love for Ma.k and this flyer was based on the concept of the falke.( i love the design and the work of maschinen krueger on his build..wow, i first saw it here) and yes some AG stuff as well, but i did some changes like putting 1 AG ball on the nose to make it stable on Nose dive or on countering attacks and make it more like slimmer and faster..maybe..i dunno..this is my first so...bear with me please. ill also be adding extra side muonted guns and a laser to it. here are some pics i took of its early stages and will go on to its present state so please bear with me if its going to be long and full of thumbnails.

well here it goes:
the flyer all started out with these sorry shape: a baby water bottle:

Initial Build up of parts:

here is what i remember of the list of donors for the flyer:
>the bottle is from a drugstore, its for my baby's water use: for the general shape
>alcohol bottle caps(2x): for the Anti Gravity dome..much smaller than a regular size pinpong ball that is commonly use
>Water bottle cap(2x): for the AG domes outer ring and drum
>MG 1/100 Zeong for some major parts: thruster bells, the mane engine parts..etc.
>MG 1/100 Casval RX 78-2 armors: for some parts of the shape and detail/guns
>1/48 donaire aiplane kit :wacko:?: details
>1/48 Apache: detailing parts
>1/48 LAV AT hammerhead: detailing parts
>Alpha Azieru kit:lots of good parts :D
>1/144 Zgok Experiment: domes and engine parts
>1/100 blaze zaku: engine and detail parts
>1/12 CBR YAMAHA model kit for the laser/and engine details
>the stabilliser fins was built from plaplates
>Cigar cannister to form the tank at both sides( the alluminun thing can be seen on the pics)
>TONS of Putty and Epoxy clay.
the list can go on, so i lost track of what i put in it for details

Here are the pics after alot of sanding/building it up again/priming and deatiling/then alot of sanding again: :embarrased:

and here are the pics were everything seems to be ok so far as the build up and detailing is concern :-):
alot of things were added to enhance the look to make it feel like it belongs to the Ma.Kverse as they say it (i Hope though :embarrased:):

from pens to MSG's to everything else found on the parts bin

after i finalized everthing and primed the whole kit this is what it looks now with its two tone camo and still a long way to go, i will still be doing:
>markings/decals
>lots of detail painting to be done on small parts and on the engine
>weathering/filtering (lots have been learned here from FFF..many thanks to you guys)
>maybe a little dio wont hurt the flyer :-)

here are the pics:

and here is a pic of the flyer beside an AFS for scale reference:

Thanks for viewing, hope you enjoy the build and so sorry for the long thread (to mods and admin, if my post is inappropriate please feel free to edit)

---kinzaa
utik! putik! putik! Putek k!

March 04, 2008, 08:24:06 AM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Very cool design. Is it 1/20 scale? Looks a bit small for that. The details are amazing as usual though. Great work so far!

March 04, 2008, 09:40:42 AM
Reply #2

Irk

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pixelgraphics.us
I love this!! I think the design really works. great job so far - can't wait to see it done! Did you just design as you go - or were you working off some refs?
Write a wise saying and your name will live forever - Anonymous

March 04, 2008, 11:15:08 PM
Reply #3

Kinzaa

• Information
    • View Profile
thanks for the kind comments

@FF
yes its the usual 1/20th scale..and im sorry i didnt make some more detailed photos of it with the AFS kit, it can fit a 1/20 fig quite well (without the armor :-)) in reference to scale..and it was really my first intention to keep the flyer small..i hope i answered it correctly :-)

@Irk
much thanks sir, i just went on slapping and building the thing as i go on, but keeping the Ma.K lines as close as possible on the back of my thinking head ;)

thanks again
--kinzaa

March 05, 2008, 01:24:00 AM
Reply #4

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
It looks really good, great job!
Same as Mike, I thought it was bigger than that. Still really cool, I just had a different mental image of it.

March 05, 2008, 02:21:02 AM
Reply #5

Kinzaa

• Information
    • View Profile
thanks Ezechiel...i was about to change the scale when i posted it earlier on BK's Boards..i was liking the idea of making portholes or tiny little windows on the side as suggested by hexen..and making it like a spacecraft/cargoship but in the end i stuck with my original intent..hihi..(maybe to lesten the time spent on add-ons also) ;)

thanks again.

March 05, 2008, 02:35:44 PM
Reply #6

fredpekker

• Information
    • View Profile
Great job, man. It almost seems like you were born to make MaK. Glad to see you posting again. Can't wait to see it finished.

March 05, 2008, 10:29:12 PM
Reply #7

Kinzaa

• Information
    • View Profile
thanks man, and its fun to be back posting again... :D

March 05, 2008, 11:17:38 PM
Reply #8

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
Wow! A model from a bottle of water, I am impressed :-> Great Job!  8)
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.