Author Topic: new member old sculpts  (Read 4753 times)

April 02, 2008, 05:45:04 AM
Read 4753 times

seth

• Information
  • windowlicker
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I thought that it might be a good idea to put up a post showing where I have come from before I get to where I am going to...( does that make sense? )

Anyway I work primarily in the wargames industry and dont get much chance to do anything larger than 1/18th ( 110mm ish) however having seen the great stuff that you lot are doing has really opened my eyes, so I will be having a go at my own twist on Mecha. I'm not very knowledgeable yet so excuse me if I ask a few daft questions in a few threads :)

anyway here's some stuff now so that next time I can show something a bit more on topic

I think that I will leave it at that, and sorry that these aren't more mechanical...yet :)

cheers
seth

April 02, 2008, 05:54:13 AM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Nice sculpts! I saw the 2nd one at the MIG productions forum where someone was doing it for the sci-fi Group Build. Looks cool and like something from Unreal Tournament 2k3.

April 02, 2008, 05:59:26 AM
Reply #2

seth

• Information
  • windowlicker
    • View Profile

good spot, I was rather heavily influenced by the unreal tournament concept work on conceptart.org. while I was doing that one.

Most people in the circles that I travel in just think that he looks like a space marine :meh2:

April 02, 2008, 07:09:26 AM
Reply #3

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Nice sculpts!  I can't wait till you're bitten by the Ma.K bug.  :pirate: :lol:

April 02, 2008, 08:46:47 AM
Reply #4

seth

• Information
  • windowlicker
    • View Profile
Cheers major, I have a few idea's already, pilot figures for the most part, I just have to find time between the paying stuff to get something done.

April 02, 2008, 10:34:05 AM
Reply #5

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
That's really cool, fantastic sculpting skills!
What are you using for those? I see some Green Stuff...

April 02, 2008, 11:19:33 AM
Reply #6

seth

• Information
  • windowlicker
    • View Profile
yup, green stuff, sculpey, magic sculpt, pretty much whatever I can get my hands on at the time :)

I have some Mr Clay on the way soon so I'm waiting to see what that is like

April 03, 2008, 04:26:43 AM
Reply #7

braxat2000

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi,
Great work on the figures.
I love the attention to details.

Will they be availble commercially?

April 03, 2008, 08:58:50 AM
Reply #8

Atlas100

• Information
    • View Profile
The figures are shouting to be colored. Can't wait to see them painted. Nice stuff!

April 03, 2008, 09:13:51 AM
Reply #9

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Do you know of a "cheap" source for Magic Sculp (that's the one I use right now) in Europe?
I'm paying like 18€ for 250g in France. That stuff's awesome but expensive.

April 03, 2008, 11:28:27 PM
Reply #10

seth

• Information
  • windowlicker
    • View Profile
morning guys, thanks for the positive comments :)

@braxat2000 : yup they are available through grey matter I have another piece on the list of things to do next month.

@Atlas100 : Mostly I dont paint my own stuff, I know it sounds daft but by the time I have finished the sculpt I am ready to move on to the next project, plus I'm really not very good at it :)

@ Ezechiel :here are the two sites that I switch between, I will give you them both because the postage to you may be better from one than the other:

http://www.missionmodels.com/home.php?cat=274 about €9.50 but shipping from the states might be harsh

http://www.barrule.com/workshop/scratch%20builders%20paradise/green%20stuff%20magic%20sculp%20milliput%20brown%20stuff.html About €12.50 from the u.k.

they both work out at about €15 including postage for me, both sites have a really good plastics and tools section which is why I alternate, depending on what I need to add to my order.

update, I was looking about for others and i found these guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOREZMORE-Build-OOAK-Armature-Magic-Sculpt-Sculp-5-lb_W0QQitemZ140219786130QQihZ004QQcategoryZ158449QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262#ShippingPayment

€45 including shipping for about 2.4 kg!!  I think that I will place a small order with them to test the water. If you want I can let you know the outcome

cheers
seth

April 04, 2008, 09:24:48 AM
Reply #11

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks! 2.4kg is too much for me but his price for 500g looks good to me, especially with the stong € ;)
Lemme me know how it goes!