Author Topic: 1/24 Kojima Racing Ford GT40  (Read 2934 times)

April 20, 2008, 08:57:52 AM
Read 2934 times

maxwinamp

• Information
    • View Profile
Just finished :)

Rest of the pics HERE :)

April 20, 2008, 11:35:10 AM
Reply #1

Adeon000

• Information
  • I'm Ron Burgandy?
    • View Profile
That looks really nice, I love the tiny detailing on the hood catches and the rivets on the tiny windows in the doors, I like the sheen the car has, looks nice and polished,

Only thing i noticed was on the grill/vent on the back it looks like theres a glue run or something along the left side of it and the wheel rims look a little flat like they could do with some subtle shading (maybe its the pic) but thats being very picky coz thats a gorgeous model,

I also really like the clean stripes.

fantastic job

April 20, 2008, 10:46:32 PM
Reply #2

maxwinamp

• Information
    • View Profile
That looks really nice, I love the tiny detailing on the hood catches and the rivets on the tiny windows in the doors, I like the sheen the car has, looks nice and polished,

Only thing i noticed was on the grill/vent on the back it looks like theres a glue run or something along the left side of it and the wheel rims look a little flat like they could do with some subtle shading (maybe its the pic) but thats being very picky coz thats a gorgeous model,

I also really like the clean stripes.

fantastic job

Sharp eye u have :)
Yes the grill have a little bit of glue run :(

As for the wheels, initially i wanted to gloss coat it. But seeing the box art, it appears flat. So I left it as it is :)

Some pics I took this morning for daylights shots :)

April 21, 2008, 06:27:15 AM
Reply #3

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
A beautiful model of a beautiful car.  8) The curves really show with the lighting you used.  Even though I think the sun light is more natural and looks better, some areas with thin plastic do show through.  I'm not sure if the auto modeling community has a way of dealing with that (ie. extra plastic sheet) or it's just avoided when photo-shooting.

April 21, 2008, 11:17:48 AM
Reply #4

crazedpanda

• Information
    • View Profile
Not sure how car modelers do it, but I would imagine you could use the same technique used for Gundams with lighting in the head. So basically just paint the inside black.