Author Topic: Solarwinds Avaris  (Read 5219 times)

May 12, 2008, 05:44:52 AM
Read 5219 times

FilmMkr

• Information
    • View Profile
Yes, its time for another build-up of one of those weird-ass creatures known as (GASP!) sexy babes!  (Sorry guys, I just don't do many robots - although my Briegel has worked its way back toward the top of the pile. Honest!)  :lol:

This beauty is Avaris, one of a series of three Egyptian-themed babes sculpted by the incredible Mike Cusanelli and produced by Ken Eliis via their joint venture Firefox Studios.  Cusanelli is one of the finest babe sculptors in the business, having designed and produced the Countess Karnstein series and many more.

I wanted to go with an Egyptian skin tone for Avaris rather than the Caucasian tone that Mike used on his paintup.

May 12, 2008, 05:58:53 AM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Very nice Filmy. The skin tone looks terrific as does that gold. The jewels also look great. were they cast in clear or did you paint them a special way?

May 12, 2008, 06:23:43 AM
Reply #2

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
Those jewels definitely stand out. The whole thing has a Stargate-ish feel to it. The shading job you've done is just really eye-catching.

Question: Why didn't you call her Titankhamun?  :lol:
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

May 12, 2008, 06:35:44 AM
Reply #3

FilmMkr

• Information
    • View Profile
Thanks fellas.  Everything was cast in solid resin - no clear parts.  The gold was done with Model Masters and Alclad and a super secret wash made from artists' inks.  The light-ish purples and burgandies were done with metallic acrylics thinned with Floetrol. The rubies were done by first painting them with Model Master Chrome Silver and coming back with Tamiya clear red.

This was my reference material:

And here are a couple in-progress shots showing the highlight shading I did with my new shit-hot Iwata Micron:

May 12, 2008, 06:55:04 AM
Reply #4

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
The skin shading is incredibly subtle and I third the jewel comment, they do look very realistic!
A little less boobs would make it classier for my tastes but that's probably just me :P
What scale is it?

May 12, 2008, 07:37:43 AM
Reply #5

FilmMkr

• Information
    • View Profile
A little less boobs would make it classier for my tastes

Oh for God's sake, Zeke, have you ever even touched a boob?   :razz: :razz: :razz:

May 12, 2008, 07:55:45 AM
Reply #6

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
 :D :lol:

Yes.
And not just my mom's :pirate: :razz:

May 13, 2008, 07:19:08 AM
Reply #7

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
Yes.
And not just my mom's :pirate: :razz:

I just spent one second too long pondering that implication...  :razz:
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

May 13, 2008, 07:22:25 AM
Reply #8

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
As a baby, obviously (oh noes, can't unsee the mental image...). :D

May 15, 2008, 08:51:34 PM
Reply #9

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
Aw, Filmy, look at all the havoc you've caused with your disturbing images of hot chicks. You should know us asexual robot model geeks can't handle it... ;)

Fantastic paint job. Everything looks realistic, but with an artistic touch. At first I thought her skin had a gloss coat on it, like she was all oiled up (mmmmmm.... oiled up :drool:). Then I realized (I think) that what I took for light reflections off a gloss finish are actually airbrushed white highlights. Am I right? If so, you've done an amazing job of placing them realistically. I was looking at the way the light and shadows interacted on the molded detail on the spare tire cover on a RAV4 the other day and realizing how if I had painted it, I would have gotten it totally wrong, because the highlights and shadows weren't necessarily where I had expected them. I can only imagine how you figured out where to put all the highlights and shadows on a voluptuous woman's body. I mean, I know the model is molded in 3D, but still, I couldn't have done it as well. If only voluptuous oiled up women's bodies would stop in front of me at stoplights like cars...

Great work!
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

May 18, 2008, 04:34:35 AM
Reply #10

Hemish

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katoots.com
That is all 12 shades of awesome,the skin tone is just a thing of beauty.