Author Topic: 1/100 Gundam Exia EX-00 EXAM (For PLAMO forum GB)  (Read 11545 times)

May 23, 2008, 04:35:38 AM
Read 11545 times

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 06:17:28 AM by erix93 »

May 23, 2008, 04:50:56 AM
Reply #1

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Hmm... while there's tons of stuff I like on your kit, I have to say that I feel proportions are a bit off. The legs seems way too tall compared to the body. Maybe the lack of side skirts amplifies this, not sure.

May 23, 2008, 06:24:32 AM
Reply #2

Gr8one

• Information
  • I just might have something to show you?
    • View Profile
Hmm... while there's tons of stuff I like on your kit, I have to say that I feel proportions are a bit off. The legs seems way too tall compared to the body. Maybe the lack of side skirts amplifies this, not sure.

I agree and it makes it look goofy looking! Along with the same colors you always use Erix makes it boring.... :( However I wish I could have your skills! :-)
The Great ONES!!! SAUL ALVAREZ and Dan Cope

May 23, 2008, 06:35:42 AM
Reply #3

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
Ohhhhh.... Great Job!!! The paint scheme looks great, I like the blue color scheme. You don't see a Gundam Exia like that everyday. I think that you could have added a couple of layers of gloss lacquer to the GN Particle Generator, to give it that bright ruby gloss sheen.

But again, great work.  8)  :-)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:44:05 AM by clee-cm »
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

May 23, 2008, 06:49:15 AM
Reply #4

Amalga

• iLurk
  • Information
    • View Profile
I actually like the proportions the way they are. I've always felt that Gundam torsos tend to be on the short side in comparison to the legs, so this is a nice take on it. Having the legs sit a little lower, in my opinion, looks much better and takes the Exia a little closer to non-Anime proportions without overdoing it.

Eric, I freaking love this. You just made my favorite Gundam look a hundred times better. The color scheme is superb, and I love seeing the little details you added in just pop out at me. The gold and red bits are a great touch (I especially love how you painted the hands).

The thruster on the back looks great. Very nice.

Amazing job, Eric. :D You outdo yourself each time.
The story of life is a long, brutal assault on your heart by the one who knows what you're capable of, and fears it--all the while pursued by the God who knows you deeply and loves you truly."

May 23, 2008, 07:17:03 AM
Reply #5

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile

Oh... I see... 
Hmm... maybe I was too concentrate on the mod...   :P

But I sure I never make the leg longer....
the height is just a little bit heigher than the original...  :unsure:

Gr8one: WOW! That's hurt!  :twitch: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah... I also tot that might have some body feel boring about my color scheme...
but I'm really like this kind of color scheme...
Just think of want to make the Exia look difference than others only...  :embarrased:

Btw, thanks again on comments guys,
I can learn more again, really appreciate it!!  ^_^

May 23, 2008, 01:17:46 PM
Reply #6

AnatoleFarmond

• Fairly Useless
  • Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
I have nothing bad to say about this kit.  :razz:

I love the gold and silver accents around the kit, they make some spots really stand out. I guess the only thing I could say about it is that it's a little too busy, but still far greater than anything I could ever pull off. I dont really care for the Exia, but you turned it into one beastly machine. 10/10 with two thumbs up.
"No matter how good you get, there will always be someone better than yourself." ~ Char Aznable

May 23, 2008, 02:52:47 PM
Reply #7

lesmiserables

• Myself
  • Information
  • "Happiness is like a butterfly..." - Thoreau
    • View Profile
Hey erix nice job man. the legs do seem a bit long, but i think that gives the suit a nice original touch.

its funny, but this gundam kinda reminds me of an evangelion..i think its from the color scheme and its standing pose...

once a again, good job; it does defiantly stand out from other exia models
"You will hardly know who I am or what I mean, but I shall be good health to you nevertheless."
If you want me again look for me in your reflection.

May 23, 2008, 04:36:18 PM
Reply #8

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
I was pretty surprised by all the constructive criticism... ???

This model is freakin' beautiful!!! I guess the proportions are a matter of opinion (I think they're great), but I can't imagine calling the color scheme boring. I guess if you say "It's all blue...", but there are so many detailed color accents and decals I just don't see how it can be considered boring.

I wish that someday I could do domething like this with a model. I just put like 10 pictures of it in my favorite models folder. Nice work!

p.s. I don't mean to offend the constructive criticizers, sorry that I disagree. I just feel that this is a very strong model... ;)
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

May 23, 2008, 07:07:22 PM
Reply #9

AkoHobby

• Information
    • View Profile
    • AkoHobby
another great piece of work. i can see the effort and the time you have put in to this kit and it already show how skillful you are ! One thing though, the feet, not about the size but the appearance of the additional section doesn't really match nicely with original section. also if you look at the picture 1 and 2, I feel much of the effort was put on the front and it started to look very busy with all the details and the decal. I suggest next time you reduce the decal. the back is a bit plain compare to the back but I feel that's better since is not too busy.

May 23, 2008, 07:51:05 PM
Reply #10

Chex

• Procrastinator Extreme
  • Information
  • Noonch
    • View Profile
My first thought was that it was too busy. But I like busy so great job. First and foremost though let me say that the kit is out-freaking-standing. Superb job, Erix. Love the paint, love the decals. The lack of side skirts throws me off a bit but I can live with that. The one thing that does get to me though is the fact that the back of the neck is so exposed. and makes it look a little elongated and quirky.

Other then that, great great job.

May 24, 2008, 04:43:02 AM
Reply #11

5thluna

• No SD, No Gundam!
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • 5thluna
amazing!amazing!amazing!
all i can say is amazing!

May 24, 2008, 06:17:00 AM
Reply #12

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
Hahahah... Thanx for the compliments, comments & constructive criticism guys!!  ^_^

I really got no problem all the criticism.... really,
that's the way I can keep on improve myself. :embarrased:

Ako - The original  design of the Exia was too unique until I' also dunno what / how should I
make it looks better, I just follow my feel to do whatever I think I can.  But maybe I'm still
"sticik" on the U.C. style...  :P :embarrased:
About the back.... less decals.... just because I was too lazy.... :P

Anyway, still, thanx for all the comments, really appreciate it!! 

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 06:17:58 AM by erix93 »

May 24, 2008, 08:32:25 AM
Reply #13

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
I'd have to agree with the earlier critical comments to a degree, but those IMO are outweighted by the beautiful finish and amount of detail present here. Love how this looks as usual Erix. You like these colors and do them well (just like I like gray/orange :lol:). The shield is particularly beautiful as is the painting of the metal on the knee detail. Wonderful and unique piece!

May 24, 2008, 09:27:37 AM
Reply #14

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
One of the best Exia that I've seen! hands down with the details! :D

May 24, 2008, 11:20:23 AM
Reply #15

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
This is the first time I've said I like an Exia.  You've done a marvelous job erix.  I really like the EXAM spin you put there, I can see it coming from the Efreet!

May 24, 2008, 12:05:49 PM
Reply #16

Deus EpS Machina

• Information
    • View Profile
Iv been watching this one for a loooong time, since the WIP was first posted cuz i absoluetly love the work and amount of detail you put into your custom builds. The colours rock as usual as does the added detail. I especially like the detail you added by the thighs to emphasis some bit of inner mechanisms. The fact that the original design of the Exia (and the other 00 Gundams) lacks any real detail like vents and hydraulics, I am thrilled you added them where you did (ie. thighs and legs).

Now for the what i dont like, I thought the skirts from MG Freedom were too big and its probably why some people (myself included) think the proportions are off a bit. I think if you simply shrunk the skirt a bit, or used the originals, the proportions would be perfect. It would still be a fine line to walk since IMO Exia is a perfect design in terms of proportions; very hard to change things here and there without thinking to yourself "wait...what?". Even Katoki has tried to redo the Exia's design and ended up with something not as slick as the original IMO (the GFF Exia). It may be the design itself as every other custom Exia i have seen barely changed the original design but rather simply added detail. The head looks oddly lonely there too, it may be because it seems to stick out too much, or that the neck is too elongated. Lastly i was sorta dissappointed you removed the collar bone V-fins...i liked those :(. But thats just taste.

Great piece of work all the same :yeah:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:19:15 PM by Deus EpS Machina »

May 24, 2008, 03:46:10 PM
Reply #17

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
I really like this piece! Not only, because of the mods; the way it was put together greatly reminds me of Zeta :3
Hey, how's it going?

May 25, 2008, 06:18:25 AM
Reply #18

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments guys!!
I will try my best to do better work next time!!  :embarrased:

May 27, 2008, 11:14:15 PM
Reply #19

walker

• always expect the maximum