Author Topic: 1/35 M151A MUTT  (Read 2184 times)

May 24, 2008, 01:41:45 PM
Read 2184 times

mathis478

• [Automata]
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Maru
Or actually, the Israeli Shmira version. I did this up a while ago after Academy released like 50 MUTT variations. The Shmira looked the most interesting so I snagged it. While building it I was reminded of FF's build (which led me to the Gasaraki dio idea...) so it was fun to log on and check out how many details my subconscious borrowed from him.

Mostly OOB, but a few minor changes like jump seat position, antenna position, a right sideview mirror and inclusion of the front windshield. The Shmira does not use one. I also left out some other mind boggling parts. This model has jerry cans just kind of tacked on everywhere, like the front fender. I don't know what strange Israeli majik they use to keep it held on, but I was having none of it. I also gave my MG mount an armor plate that was just hanging around on the sprue. Looked cool. I built it with the hood open because the model came with a fully detailed engine. That's awesome for 1/35th scale. I used an extra part that looked like a crow bar to prop it open.

Pics. I apologize ahead of time for the quality. I'm usually astounded on a regular basis at this forum's skill with a camera.

Trust the robot.

May 26, 2008, 12:41:58 PM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Decent piece. Looks like it could use a little more scratching. Nice mods though.