Author Topic: 1/144 EWAC Zack  (Read 5888 times)

May 29, 2008, 11:09:28 PM
Read 5888 times

NickM

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
    • A3U Gundam

May 30, 2008, 08:53:15 AM
Reply #1

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
Great job!!!  :-)  I like the colors that you chose for the MS, the metal bells add a nice touch to the model. Very Cool Indeed!!!  8)

But I do see some speckles on the surface, is this from the flat coat or future coat?

Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

May 30, 2008, 08:55:10 AM
Reply #2

mathis478

• [Automata]
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Maru
No way! It's done?  :twitch:

Everything came out great, man. The dark colors are intimidating and the copper accents came out looking gorgeous. All the probes/pointy bits and wires and whatnot really make the whole thing pop. I'm really digging your 'data tanks', too. Look great in white.

My only complaint is that your pose has the Zak leaning forward like he's drunk. He's such a visually interesting piece I kind of wish you'd done something more dynamic with him. Oh well.

Wonderful piece, especially considering its age and all the work you did. Love it.
Trust the robot.

May 30, 2008, 09:00:42 AM
Reply #3

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Nice job indeed, really like the colors, minus the pose, it does look a bit weird but that's fixable.
It could use some decals too.

May 30, 2008, 09:35:43 AM
Reply #4

NickM

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
    • A3U Gundam
Thanks guys. I know the pose sucks (I though it looked like a hunchback myself), but it can't stand under it's own weight any other way. The head and backpack are so heavy it keels over no matter what I do. Unless I put an acrylic rod under there, but then that wouldn't be realistic.

Oh and there is no way any decals would ever go near this kit! It was bad enough I put the aluminum thrusters on bare like that!

May 30, 2008, 09:37:18 AM
Reply #5

mathis478

• [Automata]
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Maru
Why don't you pose it like the line-art in mid flight? Get one of those clear acrylic rods and get that sucker airborne! Put that Radome to use!
Trust the robot.

May 30, 2008, 11:54:00 AM
Reply #6

chaos_theory

• Is Boldy Going Nowhere
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • I think he did a little too much LDS in the 60's
    • View Profile
Great piece guy. The scheme is good, very stealthy. I can live without decals cause the guys who'd pilot these things are like U2 spyplane pilots. Name, rank, serial number type of soldiers. Best not to post what ship your operating from. The shading is ok but the underside of the head needs some love. Make those wires copper or something to show off the great job you did under there. The pose is fixable... but I like the flight pose mathis threw up.
"Don't tell me. You're from outer space."
"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."

May 31, 2008, 07:24:33 PM
Reply #7

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Yes, it's lovely and knowing all the work you've put into this makes it all the better.  I'm sure you had a fun time building it.  I really like the copper bits you added in there.  I agree with the ocmments on the pose, I think a mid-flight pose would really take it to the next level.

May 31, 2008, 08:35:50 PM
Reply #8

NickM

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
    • A3U Gundam
Thanks. I learned a lot on this kit throughout the build and even now with my presentation I am learning a lot. I plan to make a 1/100 EWAC someday since I had so much fun, I'll be sure to give it a more dynamic pose as well as upgrade all the mistakes I made on this kit!   ^_^

June 01, 2008, 07:24:04 AM
Reply #9

AnatoleFarmond

• Fairly Useless
  • Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
Great job Nick.
I just can't get enough of MSV mobile suits, and the EWAC Zack was never one of my favorite, however, you really made something out of it. Aside from the post, I think the metal thrusters don't fit well, but that's just IMO. I think the underside of the head looks fine, because it makes it subtle, yet very effective. Can't wait to see another Vintage build.
"No matter how good you get, there will always be someone better than yourself." ~ Char Aznable

June 01, 2008, 10:40:25 AM
Reply #10

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Great to see this turned out as well as it did. Nice work!

June 02, 2008, 01:00:43 AM
Reply #11

5thluna

• No SD, No Gundam!
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • 5thluna
congrat man
great job!

June 02, 2008, 04:01:02 PM
Reply #12

NickM