Author Topic: SD ZGMF-X56S/α Force Impulse Gundam  (Read 2727 times)

June 09, 2008, 09:32:47 PM
Read 2727 times

blackito

• Paragon of Justice
  • Information
  • Bonta-Kun Hates You !!!
    • View Profile
Well this is it. Finally done my third gundam kit ever. Funny thing about this kit is that I rushed it in the end because I wanted to show it to my Japanese teacher since I thought it was the last class but once I got there she told us that we still had two more weeks. So all the mistakes I did rushing the job could have been avoided :doh:. But for a third one am pretty satisfied with it. I used Samuel Decals and Did the panel lines with black oil paint except on the wings on which I used Naples Yellow. It's not perfect but for a third but do Enjoy !!
P.S. This is the first time am taking pictures with the mini studio I built so the lightning ain't too good. sorry

This is the decal i screwed up. But I got the hang of it now hehe.

I wanted to make some poses with the beam rifle but then I realized that I forgot to build the appropriate manipulator for it and since am lazy I decided to start working on my next gundam instead :P
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:41:57 PM by blackito »
この世界を守りたい

June 10, 2008, 03:57:10 AM
Reply #1

GlauG

• Information
  • Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • View Profile
Did you use HDM resin parts on a SD kit? X_x  It looks great, however!

June 10, 2008, 06:07:30 AM
Reply #2

chaos_theory

• Is Boldy Going Nowhere
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • I think he did a little too much LDS in the 60's
    • View Profile
My third gundam was nowhere near this nice. (I painted over sprue nubs :doh:) Nice job here, be proud of it and learn as much as you can from it. I love the black panel lines especially on SD kits.

It looks like your paint was a little thick, try to thin it out more and spray lighter coats. There is also an art to perfect waterslide decals that I haven't figured out yet so don't let that bother you to much.
"Don't tell me. You're from outer space."
"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."

June 10, 2008, 06:46:20 AM
Reply #3

blackito

• Paragon of Justice
  • Information
  • Bonta-Kun Hates You !!!
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. Yes GlauG I used the 1/144 HDM manipulators for the same gundam. I was lucky I found them on ebay. I didn't even realized that my paint was too thick chaos but it is true that i spray usually one or two layers. I'll do something about that on the kit am currently working on. It's special so I want it to be better ^^
この世界を守りたい