Author Topic: My Warmachine miniatures  (Read 2564 times)

July 03, 2008, 10:23:37 PM
Read 2564 times

robofreak

• Information
    • View Profile
My hobby shop had a massive sale on all miniatures and I cleaned them out pretty well. Among all the Warhammer minis I also got a bunch of Warmachine pieces. They're pretty interesting and are actually a lot of fun to make. This thread will feature all of the Warmachine pieces I do, but for now I've only finished one. A Khador Maurader Warjack.

This model was done to test both new weathering tricks and try to shade with various degrees of red. I placed small areas of red in different places to make it seem as if the Warjack had been all red at one point, but age and costs had made it so that only the large plates were now maintained. I'm not to sure how I feel about the result, but I think it turned out pretty well. Everything I learned from this piece will only help me improve on my next. (hopefully)

Comments and critiques are welcome. I expect to have some more minis done next week so stay tuned.

July 07, 2008, 06:58:31 AM
Reply #1

chaos_theory

• Is Boldy Going Nowhere
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • I think he did a little too much LDS in the 60's
    • View Profile
I'm glad to see I rubbed off on you a little. :unsure: :sick: I mean the warmachine minis are great and well sculpted... ummm, yea.  Its hard to tell about the shading and depth in the reds. it looks like your flash killed it all but what I see missing is a light ink wash with a really rdark red or a black to show off the panel lines and nicks.
"Don't tell me. You're from outer space."
"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."