Author Topic: White Strike Freedom  (Read 3872 times)

August 02, 2008, 06:40:26 PM
Read 3872 times

STR1KU

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi guys, just finish this kit. It took me more time fixing the wing than doing the whole body...  the wing is so messed up, don't think wanna do this kit twice  :twitch: :twitch:  I was impressed by master keita's white strike freedom, been wanting to do the same colour combination  8)  8) I tried to copy the simple2 mod such as the panel lining and squarish cockpit hatch... This guy cannot really do any fancy poses anymore, it has some loosen and broken joint. Its destiny is to stand up the rest of his life  :wacko: :wacko: Ohh well... :P
Comments are welcome, thanks for viewing   ^_^ ^_^

Posing with his old nemesis, legend gundam  :P

August 02, 2008, 08:42:33 PM
Reply #1

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
Wow!!! Your White Strike Freedom Gundam turned out great, I like the paint job. So, is this a out of box build?

Just curious...

Great Job  8)  :-)
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

August 02, 2008, 09:37:06 PM
Reply #2

makalaka

• Information
    • View Profile
    • More of A blog.
nice, I like the colors. I dont really know what strike freedom looks like in the anime so I don't know its color scheme. I like your colors though, the black and white looks good. But what really stands out (in a good way  :D) is the gold parts. What kind of paint did you use?

Great job, The one thing that bothers me is the back of his right foot. Is that greyish part supposed to be that color or did the paint flake off or something?

August 03, 2008, 08:00:45 AM
Reply #3

mjbolin

• Information
    • View Profile
ha makalaka I am pretty sure that the "grey" that you are referring to is actually stiky-tak used to support the model. I only know this because I use the same thing to make sure my EVA-01 doesn't fall over on its ass and ruin hours of paint work.

And I am also very interested in what you used for the gold frame as well

I have been seeing this white scheme a lot lately and have been thinking of it myself for a strike, you know minus the freedom lol

And what was wrong with the wing? out of pure curiosity

August 04, 2008, 01:27:20 AM
Reply #4

STR1KU

• Information
    • View Profile
Thanks for the complments guys ^_^

@clee-cm
It's not really OOB.. I added pla plates on the V-fin, modify the cockpit hatch , and lengthen the tip of the shoes. The rest are cutting on the shoulder armour and panel lines  :D

@makalaka
If u r reffering to the gold paint, It's ace hardware's gold britte paint.... I don't use hobby paint since it's available for me at all  :doh: Actually it's very similar with gunze Mr.Metal Gold  :P

@makalaka
Yeah, it's sticky-tak allright  ;) It helps to support the leg to hold those huge wings.
The wing is full of seamlines goodness  8) 8)
You see there are 4 parts of the wings, each parts have 7 seamlines.. so multiply by 4 is 28 seamlines alltogether. The hardest part is to figure out how seperate those parts for painting after closing all the seamlines.... Doing the wing doesn't fell like doing an MG at all  :twitch: :twitch:

I have been seeing this white scheme a lot lately and have been thinking of it myself for a strike, you know minus the freedom lol

Hey.. actually I'm having the same thing in mind for my next project.. hahaha  :razz: