Author Topic: MG Sazabi  (Read 3940 times)

August 07, 2008, 09:31:57 AM
Read 3940 times

MarkW

• Information
  • Plastic surgeon
    • View Profile
    • MW ModelWerks
For those of you following this from CoM (before that horse got shot out from under me), this puppy was started in April 07...finally finished, and had time to take some pics.  Build thread here.

MarkW

"If we lose the war in the air, we lose the war, and we lose it quickly."
--Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery

MW Modelwerks

August 07, 2008, 07:28:26 PM
Reply #1

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Wow, finally done.  It's been a long build but well worth the wait.  The feet mod is a huge improvement, as are the shoulders.  Overall a vast improvement over the original (would be nice to have a side by side comparison to see the improvements).  If I were to nitpick I'd say the yellow at the back thrusters is probably the only thing I'm not rave about.

So what's your next project?  8)

August 08, 2008, 05:36:44 AM
Reply #2

MarkW

• Information
  • Plastic surgeon
    • View Profile
    • MW ModelWerks
Yeah, I debated a long time on what to do with thrusters.  I was going to drybrush a dirty white in there to give it more of the burnt ceramic look you see on real jet afterburner sections.  Ultimately, I just moved on--the anime look is what I was shooting for all along, and the yellow works as well as the dirty white.

I kind of wish I had a plain Saz to compare with--as is, I could only do piece parts as I modified them...

As for what's next?  Either a Zaku II 2.0 (Char's) or Keroro 2.0 (maybe 1.5). 
MarkW

MW Modelwerks

August 08, 2008, 10:17:23 PM
Reply #3

mjbolin

• Information
    • View Profile
What I think what I was saying was just to grab a picture of an unfinished one on like dalong.net and just paste it next to your model. And i would be interested to see that as well because I can tell their is mods but they are very subtle and too well done for me to see where they are lol

I have to say the paint on your internals is damn gorgeous, but dunno if it is just me, or the pictures, but I can not help to think that the red you have look like unpainted plastic. Do not know how to explain it, maybe its just too neutral a gloss for my personal flavor, not flat, not glossy enough. But thats my personal weird finish fetish. But good job.
Have to ask, what paint did you use for the internals?

August 12, 2008, 07:11:43 PM
Reply #4

MarkW

• Information
  • Plastic surgeon
    • View Profile
    • MW ModelWerks
On the finish, this is the first time I did a semi gloss (which probably explains the confusion).  The photos were really tough to take and capture the right level of glossiness.  Trust me on this, in real life, it isn't that glossy.  I am a little surprised you think it looks unpainted; I would think the pre-shading and two-tone would give it away as painted...

The internals (and even though you can't see under the armor, the entire internal frame is done) were painted with Alclad II laquers.  Those were then flat coated to seal them
MarkW

MW Modelwerks

August 12, 2008, 11:09:30 PM
Reply #5

mjbolin

• Information
    • View Profile
Ha didnt mean to surprise or offend. Surely it just must be the gloss and the effect on the camera because of it. And my monitor isnt the best so thats probably why I cant see the two tones and shadowing. But this is just probably something that just has to be seen in person. cheers!

August 13, 2008, 12:10:17 PM
Reply #6

MarkW

• Information
  • Plastic surgeon
    • View Profile
    • MW ModelWerks
It's cool!  Not offended.  I would love to have better comparison shots, but I can't link to Dalong--this site doesn't allow that.  So, I'm kind of stuck with the ones I took during the build (referenced above).   :meh:
MarkW

MW Modelwerks

August 29, 2008, 10:08:14 AM
Reply #7

MarkW

• Information
  • Plastic surgeon
    • View Profile
    • MW ModelWerks
Finished updating my site.  Direct link to the gallery:

http://mysite.verizon.net/modelwerks/mswerks/SazGal.htm

This links to my Work in Progress page as well, or you can come inform the front side:

http://mysite.verizon.net/modelwerks

under Mobile Suit Werks.

Comments welcome on the layout--my first time experimenting with lightbox...The WiP page is probably more coherent than what I posted here...
MarkW

MW Modelwerks