Author Topic: 1/24 Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder  (Read 2223 times)

August 09, 2008, 06:15:20 PM
Read 2223 times

NickM

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
    • A3U Gundam
The 2001 kit from Revell. This kit was a gift and when I saw the exposed engine I was so put out because I didn't want to have to detail it. I decided to just paint the engine black and somehow by then end of the build it was actually painted quite nicely. This kit took a month to build because I only built when my Jaburo diorama was boring me and also I had to wait for the paint to cure. The body is finished with enamels so it took a couple weeks before I could even touch it! The rest is finished with Tamiya acrylics.

The only things I changed from stock were the wheel colors, some colors in the interior, the color of the headlamps (red to black) and I left out some mesh that was supposed to go behind the seats. Revell included this weird mesh and when I tried to cut it it unraveled! They should have just molded in the details but I decided to leave the whole thing out and save a headache.

The rear tail light decal set before I could position it properly and I ended up tearing it a little. Whoops!

The fabled exposed engine.

I wish you could see it... I even painted the damn brakes...

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?