Author Topic: WARNING: Putrid Flesh, Brains, Guts, Blood, and Disemboweled Entrails!  (Read 6478 times)

August 15, 2008, 04:32:40 PM
Read 6478 times

FilmMkr

• Information
    • View Profile
Don't say I didn't warn you!   :razz:

From the comic '68 Meat Grinder . . .

August 15, 2008, 05:27:18 PM
Reply #1

Cmdr Harabec

• Information
    • View Profile
Not familiar with the source material, but it looks great. Quite a disturbing base, but it looks fantastic! The shade of blue you used for the skin tone looks great, as do the rips in clothing. Very nice job!

August 15, 2008, 05:31:36 PM
Reply #2

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
One of the most disgusting things I've seen in a long time, yet I can't take my eyes off it. Amazing.

Was the drool part of the original bust? Or a Filmy-added accessory? Very nice.  :D
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

August 15, 2008, 08:06:56 PM
Reply #3

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
A bit too realistic.  I can see some people being shock'n'awed by the gore.

Don't know if you've seen Dreams by Kurosawa, there's a blue soldier in there too (this reminds me of that).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 08:07:16 PM by Major Blah »

August 15, 2008, 09:46:33 PM
Reply #4

optiondrifter

• Information
    • View Profile
Did you use fishing line and white glue for the drool? very beautiful work. I can't stop looking at the way you painted the guts. Even the veins look realistic. Just asking, but do you plan on painting any mecha in the near future? Awesome job man!

August 15, 2008, 10:47:10 PM
Reply #5

Maschinen Krueger

• Information
  • Ma.K Off!
    • View Profile
    • Krueger's Krieger
That's cool. Love zombies. I really like the blood and brain splats on the backpack. the blue is a little too blue for me, but the finish and textures are very well done, as always.
I wonder about the guy that can sit through a David Lynch movie and say, "I saw that coming."

Krueger's Krieger

August 16, 2008, 02:28:52 AM
Reply #6

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Oh god... :sick:
That's reeeeally realistic looking.
Disgusting and fantastic.
Great attention  to details, like the brain splattered on the backpack.
Your flesh/guts/blood tones are dead-on.
Was the card and the pack of smoke a part of the kit or did you add them?

August 16, 2008, 05:51:57 AM
Reply #7

eyewitness

• Information
    • View Profile
There was a terrible ghastly silence.
There was a terrible ghastly noise.
There was a terrible ghastly silence.
The Vogon Constructor Fleet coasted away into the inky starry void.

August 16, 2008, 06:50:44 AM
Reply #8

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
Wow, Filmy, when they told you to stop looking for boobs and start looking for brains, I don't think this is what they meant... ;)

This is, as usual, some great work. I agree that the blue is too blue, but maybe that helps because everything else is way too realistic. I wonder if real-looking dead gray flesh might have been too much.

Alos like the card and the lucky strikes. They really are lucky. Look, no bullet holes in the entire pack.
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

August 16, 2008, 07:05:01 AM
Reply #9

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Wow, Filmy, when they told you to stop looking for boobs and start looking for brains, I don't think this is what they meant... ;)
Hahahahahahaha!

Filmy, you're disgusting in the best possible way!

August 16, 2008, 01:09:27 PM
Reply #10

FilmMkr

• Information
    • View Profile
Well, I did put a warning in the title!   :razz: :razz: :razz:

Funaka, you are hilarious!  That was awesome.   :lol:

I intentionally did a lighter blue skin tone, and for a couple of reasons.  The comic itself is done in very dark tones (the story happens at night) and I wanted to use a brighter, more cheery palatte of colors overall.  I also wanted to lighten the mood a bit because of the realism of the rest of the sculpt - kinda like "see, this isn't really a dude with his brains blown out!  Its a zombie from the jungles of Viet Nam!"

The drool is an add-on that I did to replicate the cover.  I stretched some sprue from the windshield tree of a Tamiya motorcycle kit over a flame until I got a really thin pull.  I drilled a hole in Grinder's teeth and put a piece from the hole to his lip, then attached a piece hanging down from his lip.  I mixed up some five minute epoxy and tinted it with Tamiya clear yellow plus one drop of Tamiya clear orange and then carefully covered the clear sprue all the way around.

The cigs and playing card I did in Photoshop.  I found a picture of an old-school pack of Luckies on the interweb.  Unfortunately it was only the face of the pack - most of the images were in 3/4 view so I couldn't get a flat shot of all sides of the pack.   I took the best image I could find and laid it out in plan view, then I created the sides, bottom, and top using the shape tool.  I filled the sections and added the red stripes, text, and graphics to match my reference material.  I then reduced everything to 1/4 scale, printed it on an ink jet, cut 'em out and attached 'em with good old Elmer's white glue.

Glad you like him, err, sort of, and I hope you didn't lose your lunch!

Next time pay attention when I warn you!   :lol: