Author Topic: Captain Matthew Fujii, in the veteren Fireball SG "Oji-san"  (Read 2565 times)

August 18, 2008, 10:32:57 PM
Read 2565 times

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
Captain Matthew Fujii.

During the intense fighting for Lunar a rapid progression of arms technology led the Mercenary Forces along a swift path of advancing suit designs. Unfortunately for Captain Mathew Fujii, seen here in his veteran Fireball suit dubbed "Oji-san", his advanced engineering background and expertise with the care, maintenance and field improvement of the Fireball series kept both him and his team using the fast becoming obsolete equipment a great deal longer until their eventual upgrade.

Capt. Fujii went onto great success with his Snake Eye suit and was last seen operating in the Oita Region.

Hello all, thanks for the patience on the photos, some more lessons learned!

Don't take so many photos that you can't decide which ones to use. I swear, I can't tell the difference between them now!
The curves of the Fireball make photography very challenging. With bright lighting it flattened out, looked better with directional light sources but that hides a great deal of the details.

Basic build with a few detail parts from Kotobukiya. Aim of the project was to make it look like Yokoyama-san's artwork, page 25 of the "Maschinen Krieger in Action Bande Dessinee". So a great deal of artistic license with regards to the aesthetics of the finish, looking good being the primary goal with realism taking a back seat but still in mind.

xtra special thanks to BK for the great idea to actually do something with the base. I used the same paints as the rest of the model, basically the undercoat on the bells which is the camo dark green-grey with black with all of the other colours added in and merged and blended, including the weathering colours. It's not obvious, good for a base, but it has the same tones as the model which seems to work nicely.

Next 3 for a walk around but they are too bright...

The Base!

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Cheers,

Lincoln
Please check out my new online Gallery and Progress Reports!

Scale120

August 19, 2008, 06:05:31 AM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Excellent work. The paint finish is phenomenal. Love the randomness of the tones. That's something I'll have to strive for next.

August 20, 2008, 06:17:19 AM
Reply #2

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
thanks Michael, glad you like it and appreciate the comments.  8)
Please check out my new online Gallery and Progress Reports!

Scale120