Author Topic: Corporal Jay Weston, "The Big Ma.K", SAFS-R "Raccoon"  (Read 3889 times)

August 19, 2008, 08:58:52 PM
Read 3889 times

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
During post battle analysis after the re-taking of New Canberra, it became obvious that dedicated Reconnaissance, EW, ECW and ECCW units would play an increasingly important role in future conflicts.

Seen here in his newly issued SAFS-R "Raccoon" suit, Corporal Jay Weston, famed for his success in the Mercenary forces hamburger eating contests, is performing evaluation trials for the stealth package fitted to the new SAFS line and field testing of a new disruptive pattern for woodland areas.

Jay went on to pioneer new and innovative uses for the Recon class and is now an instructor for the re-training of recon teams now being outfitted and upgraded to operate the new classified suit known informally as the "Rappoon."

All done, most educational and very importantly, lots of fun! The plan here was to implement the ideas and philosophies as mentioned in meeting with Yokoyama-san, using the fastest and best result producing techniques to get more done in less time. Amazing that after one chat with him, I finished this in roughly one third the time and achieved a comparable result with my last build. Yokoyama-san helped me to improve at least 300% after just a few minutes talking!

As a side note, this is meant to be a relatively new suit, in good condition and very well maintained. The maintenance tech was a little over-zealous with applying oil, still training up on the new suit type.

Thanks for looking and all the great feedback and tips in the WIP thread, most helpful!

http://maschinenkrueger.com/forum/index.php?topic=2020.0

Cheers,

Linc

Please check out my new online Gallery and Progress Reports!

Scale120

August 20, 2008, 05:54:09 AM
Reply #1

chaos_theory

• Is Boldy Going Nowhere
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • I think he did a little too much LDS in the 60's
    • View Profile
The Raccoon is one of my favorite Ma.K. suits and your handpainting skill is very good. The filters looks a bit heavy to me but the rest of your weathering is spot on. Thanks for the WIP link I found it very informative. A littile extra info when going for guitar strings people sometimes forget about electric bass strings. They are quite a bit larger than regular electric or acoustic guitar srtings (see image).  And the grommits are a nice addition to the spares bin.
"Don't tell me. You're from outer space."
"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."

August 20, 2008, 06:15:59 AM
Reply #2

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
cheers Chaos and thanks for the tips on more wires, will make sure to check out those types as well and add them to the tool box.  :-)
Please check out my new online Gallery and Progress Reports!

Scale120