Author Topic: 1/72 G-System Gerbera Tetra - Commission - Finished!  (Read 4283 times)

September 05, 2008, 09:48:31 PM
Read 4283 times

mtomczek

  • paid by the force
  • *****
  • Information
  • Member
  • Posts: 1781
  • Karma: 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
Evening everyone!

I finally have finished the Gerbera Tetra commission that I've been working on for about 9 months now. This was a relatively simple build, the old G-System kits are a few large solid pieces, which made cleanup and assembly quick and painless. The changes made to the kit involved removing all of the cast in "tubing" on the arms, waist, and sides of the head as well as all of the cast in thrusters. Everything was then replaced with metal bits and springs. The main part of the waiting came from the special metal option parts that were specifically machined for this build. All metal parts were designed, and supplied by Mechaskunk.com. Once the final color scheme was decided on, I started paint this past weekend, and finished up the last final bits yesterday. I really had alot of fun with this build, and once I finish a few other items that are on the plate right now, I'll start on my own Gerbera Tetras.

WIP thread can be found here: http://fichtenfoo.com/forum/index.php?topic=3566.0

Enjoy!
































September 05, 2008, 10:38:23 PM
Reply #1

clee-cm

  • Tilluminati.com
  • *****
  • Information
  • Member
  • Posts: 1301
  • Karma: 3
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
Ohh.... Great Job... I love the thrusters that you put onto the MS.  8)
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.


September 05, 2008, 11:51:22 PM
Reply #2

Joa

  • Joachim Höstlöf
  • *
  • Information
  • Member
  • Posts: 235
  • Karma: 5
    • View Profile
That's a thing of beauty!
I really dig the very nice transitions on the legs, fins and lower arms.
And the thrusters rock!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:01:39 AM by Joa »

September 06, 2008, 06:21:17 AM
Reply #3

FichtenFoo

  • Michael Fichtenmayer
  • **********
  • Information
  • Member
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 10422
  • Karma: 17
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Like I said in IM last night, the paint is fantastic, your best yet. Fulcy's bells are fantastic! The colors while nice, just look odd to me for a GT no matter how many times I look at it.

Also, now that I see more of the bells since I only saw the one shot last night, I almost want to see them weathered just slightly by doing some Alclad Jet Exhaust around the back-side of the bell closest to the shoulders. You can do that without any priming and would help set them off better IMO.

This coming from super-shiny unpainted bell-guy. But I've seen these and they're almost as big as 1/2 a shot glass. :lol: And that's a lot of bare aluminum.

Aside from that I do think it's your best work yet! Nice job!

September 06, 2008, 06:44:37 AM
Reply #4

Marc

  • *****
  • Information
  • Member
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3039
  • Karma: 7
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Sweet paintjob and great color scheme!
Its not my favorite sculpt of the GT but the huge bells make it pretty badass.

September 06, 2008, 08:55:59 AM
Reply #5

Major Blah

  • Bloody Canadian
  • *****
  • Information
  • Member
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2387
  • Karma: 4
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Yeah it's a wonderful piece of work.  :twitch:

Really reminded me of Kampfer, maybe it's the color.  Man those bells are sick!  It looks great on the shoulders.  Any more commission job?  Or you're going to build for yourself? 

September 06, 2008, 10:46:30 AM
Reply #6

mtomczek

  • paid by the force
  • *****
  • Information
  • Member
  • Posts: 1781
  • Karma: 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
I have a 1/100 Core-works MK-V commission that I am working on right now, and tentatively a 1/100 MG Strike commission (if payment ever arrives). The MK-V is my last as of right now, and is about 70% done.

I started working on my 1/100 Garbaldy from Luca this morning for a bit. I had already cleaned up the resin and pinned the entire kit, so this morning I started working on getting some parts primed, and changing out some of the cast details for ultimately will be metal parts. I've carved out the eye in the head, and it will be replaced with one of the aluminum SP eyes from Fulcy, as well as removing the resin tubing around the chin, and replacing that with actual metal spring.

After that, its either time to start on my scratchbuild project, or start work on my 1/35 RX-78 ver Ka. again.

September 06, 2008, 10:18:29 PM
Reply #7

TomasSilverloc

  • Librarian
  • *
  • Information
  • Member
  • Posts: 23
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 10:28:16 PM by TomasSilverloc »
"Made entirely of goat cheese and spackle"

September 17, 2008, 08:51:12 AM
Reply #8

nico

  • *****
  • Information
  • Member
  • Posts: 1149
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
I was eager to see the final result and yes that's gorgous. Like the little mods and op here and there.
It's a super kit I like those old kits. Bravo