Author Topic: T-34/76  (Read 2491 times)

October 04, 2008, 12:28:47 PM
Read 2491 times

MZ3

• Information
  • ?u?su? su????? ?nos ???
    • View Profile
So here is my yearly, non-Briegel, finished model post.

T-34/76, It's not accurate, I did it to experiment and have fun. It's a Dragon kit, Tamiya wheels, a few parts from some photoetched kit and a bunch of wire for the bars. The chain is from an old Spawn figure.

I was following the steps in the T-34 Osprey book. Instead of hair spray you drybrush and sponge. I tried hairspray on a king tiger in january, it still smells like a girl. Base is Model Master Russian green. Then light sprays of flat white followed by mapping with the same flat white. Then drybrushing and sponging of Humbrol Amry green, some brown color and black. Then a tan filter with mineral spirits. The streaks and running areas of the white were an accident, I didn't seal in the white after I applied it. The white is enamel, after a couple of coats of MS it started to run. But it looks so nice, I left it like that.

The numbers on the turret were shaved off of some runners. The mud is a mix of pigment, plaster and paint. Dry mud and wet mud. The splattered mud was basically the whole reason I made this model. I wanted to try to splater it with my airbrush. Put a little bit of your mud mix on an old brush and spray it on. Lots of fun. It takes a little playing around to get it right. I practiced on a paper towel.

I'm going to do a Scopedog up like this, fun!!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:37:33 PM by MZ3 »
MZ3's Flickr

Posting from a PS3 sucks balls!!!!!!!!!!

October 04, 2008, 02:01:04 PM
Reply #1

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
It looks really good! Great weathering!
The wet mud would look a bit less odd if the kit was on a dio I think. Though you could say it makes the piece more dynamic.

October 04, 2008, 02:14:06 PM
Reply #2

MZ3

• Information
  • ?u?su? su????? ?nos ???
    • View Profile
 dio will come after I get a couple more under my belt. I don't want to put it on a crappy base. I need more practice on dios.
MZ3's Flickr

Posting from a PS3 sucks balls!!!!!!!!!!