Author Topic: Duch from Black Lagoon (220mm resin bust)  (Read 3605 times)

November 03, 2008, 11:44:06 AM
Read 3605 times

Mindless

• Information
    • View Profile
I managed to finish him up today and snap some quick photographs. Overall, I'm very happy with how he turned out.

There probably are some areas that could be improved but it's my first finished figure so that will have to excuse any errors / flaws. 

Wont waste anymore of your time though, here are the pictures.

Comments and critique is much welcomed.

November 04, 2008, 07:22:25 PM
Reply #1

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Well I don't know too much about figures, but this looks really nice.  I'd say you captured the essence of the sculpt.  Have you tried cropping the picture and add some sort of background to it?  I'd say you can fool a number of people into thinking it's a real person.   :-)

November 04, 2008, 11:40:07 PM
Reply #2

Mindless

• Information
    • View Profile
Well I don't know too much about figures, but this looks really nice.  I'd say you captured the essence of the sculpt.  Have you tried cropping the picture and add some sort of background to it?  I'd say you can fool a number of people into thinking it's a real person.   :-)

Thanks Major.  :-)

Unfortunately I'm not that savvy with Photoshop and similar, plus November in Sweden doesn't offer much when speaking of weather for some outdoor photography (instead of Photoshopping).

November 05, 2008, 02:10:37 PM
Reply #3

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
I really like it, especially the shading on the arms.  8) It's not typical and it looks painted with a brush in big strokes, but in a good way. It's realistic at a glance, but looking closer, it looks like a 3-D version of some really good cover art from a graphic novel. Realistic but stylistic at the same time. Maybe somebody artsier can say what I'm trying to say better.

How do you get that effect?
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

November 06, 2008, 02:02:45 AM
Reply #4

Mindless

• Information
    • View Profile
I really like it, especially the shading on the arms.  8) It's not typical and it looks painted with a brush in big strokes, but in a good way. It's realistic at a glance, but looking closer, it looks like a 3-D version of some really good cover art from a graphic novel. Realistic but stylistic at the same time. Maybe somebody artsier can say what I'm trying to say better.

How do you get that effect?

Thanks Funaka. :)

I don't know myself really. Since I painted it with my airbrush that's what it looks like to me, but I do agree that the actual sculpt is stylistic but realistic at the same time, that's probably why the paint looks the same way. The kit doesn't have very refined parts, they are quite simple with big cuts so you can really see the tooling of the master. The "skin parts" of  the kit are very smooth and well sculpted but the jacket is quite "rough" or so to say, giving it a more stylish look, rather than a real look.